Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grid Art


This is my grid art project! It is a smiley face made using a process called 'latch hook'- I used to do it when I was a kid. It's pretty simple and uses a hook, some yarn and (of course) a grid, so this is what I immediately thought of when we were talking about grid art. The first picture is the completed project as you are supposed to look at it from the front. The next picture shows the actual grid from the back and how the picture is put together, yarn by yarn, in rows and columns.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that this was so fun! I loved the color choices and that you chose to do a smiley face! The technique that you used was really cool. I liked that it had two sides and the back really showed the grid and your technique. I did needlepoint and it took me forever so I know this must have taken you a while!

    ReplyDelete