Monday, May 3, 2010

Performance Art

I am having trouble posting the video for my performance art. I am going to keep trying, and if it doesn't work I'll post still frames from the video. What I did was pretty much incorporate some electronic music from Infected Mushroom called "Becoming Insane" and I used glow in the dark paints and a black light and painted to the music. I covered my bedroom with sheets so I could just go crazy with the paints to try and decontextualize the space I was working in. I didn't realize that it was totally necessary for us to do our piece in public, but if I had the right light and area for a canvas that would have been cool. Anyways, like I said, I'll try to get the video posted soon. It's embarassing, but I guess that was part of the importance of this assignment- to break down barriers and step out of our comfort zone.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the glow and the dark paint was awesome! I loved the colors. Your piece was very interesting... I would have never been able to do that! haha

    ReplyDelete