Monday, May 3, 2010

Nam June Paik


Like Joseph Beuys, I can appreciate the art of Nam June Paik, but I see it as a little more extreme and out there. That makes it interesting though. I enjoyed the documentary we watched in class, especially the part when he walked out from the mound of screens all projecting different images which is in the picture in this post. Even his website is interactive- http://www.paikstudios.com/. He did some great things as far as decontextualizing the camera also. Maybe I can draw inspiration from his works for my final video art piece. Oh- and his performance art with the violin was great! He is seemingly obsessed with TV screens, but it works for him because he draws inspiration fromt that and creates things like nobody else has ever created (like TV robots and using magnets to manipulate shapes on the screens)

No comments:

Post a Comment